Coronavirus Update Center
Since our founding in 1980, Sonoma County Airport Express has not wavered from its commitment to passenger and employee safety. Now, more than ever, we are devoted to ensuring the best and safest possible service experience for our customers. In response to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19, here's how we'll be working to keep you safe when our service resumes.
As part of our enhanced cleaning procedures, Sonoma County Airport Express will be using a disinfection fogging procedure applied by a leading-edge electrostatic sprayer that blankets the interior surfaces of each vehicle with a high-grade EPA-registered disinfectant, which is both highly effective against a wide variety of bacteria and viruses, including coronaviruses, and safe for passengers. This is the same technology used by leading airlines and hospitals across the country to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Our cleaning checklist puts an extra focus on commonly touched surfaces in our vehicles, offices and waiting areas, and uses the same hospital-grade disinfectant as our sprayers.
Sonoma County Airport Express employees are trained and equipped to maintain a clean environment through frequent hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer.
Riding in our Vehicles
Similar to new policies implemented by airlines, and with reliance on CDC guidance, we have implemented the following additional changes:
- Requiring all drivers to wear face masks.
- Requiring all passengers over the age of two to wear face masks or appropriate face covering of the nose and mouth. No exceptions will be made.
- Sonoma County Airport Express will temporarily refuse to transport any passenger who is unable to wear a mask even if the customer has a verifiable medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask.
- Face shields do not qualify as an appropriate face covering.
- Face masks with breathing valves do not qualify as an appropriate face covering.
- Facilitating a regular supply of fresh, filtered air into the vehicle.
Team Member Training
Sonoma County Airport Express employees have been trained on measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including the following:
- Proper cleaning and sanitation techniques, including the use of electrostatic disinfectant sprayers.
- Frequent hand washing for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
- Proper use of cloth face coverings.
- Staying home if not feeling well.
For further guidance we recommend travelers reference the CDC website.